We are seeking a Respiratory Therapist for a 13-week contract in the great state of Idaho. We have multiple openings throughout the state; night shift and day shift are available for the ICU Units and general floor(NICU preferred not required). We offer GREAT weekly pay rates anywhere between $65-85hr! We offer AFFORDABLE medical, dental, and 401K benefits. If youre interested call 480-444-7780 ask for Kalili Hunt or you can forward your resume to (click on the Apply button to request more info about the job)
- Meets patient's goals and needs and provides quality care by conducting pulmonary function tests; assessing and interpreting evaluations and test results; determining respiratory therapy treatment plans in consultation with physicians and by prescription.
- Helps patient accomplish treatment plan and supports life by administering inhalants; operating mechanical ventilators, therapeutic gas administration apparatus, environmental control systems, and aerosol generators.
- Administers respiratory therapy treatments by performing bronchopulmonary drainage; assisting with breathing exercises; monitoring physiological responses to therapy, such as vital signs, arterial blood gases, and blood chemistry changes; directing treatments given by aides, technicians and assistants.
- Completes discharge planning by consulting with physicians, nurses, social workers, and other health care workers; contributing to patient care conferences.
- Assures continuation of therapeutic plan following discharge by designing home exercise programs; instructing patients, families, and caregivers in home exercise programs; recommending and/or providing assistive equipment; recommending outpatient or home health follow-up programs.
- Documents patient care services by charting in patient and department records.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols.
- Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs.
- At least two years of experience within the ICU Unit and General Floor
- Valid Idaho RRT license
- Must have BLS, and ACLS.
- Graduated from an accredited Respiratory Therapy program