Indiana Respiratory Therapy Children Positions. - 23727736
We are seeking a Respiratory Therapist for a 13 week contract for a Travel Contract in Indianapolis, IN. This would be a PICU position and a 36 hour work week. First time travelers are also accepted as this facility as you would be trained first day. Possibility of Extension, if you like the facility. If you are interested please read over the details and send me a message so we can go over the details further!
- Meets patient's goals and needs and provides quality care by conducting pulmonary function tests; assessing and interpreting evaluations and test results; determining respiratory therapy treatment plans in consultation with physicians and by prescription.
- Helps patient accomplish treatment plan and supports life by administering inhalants; operating mechanical ventilators, therapeutic gas administration apparatus, environmental control systems, and aerosol generators.
- Administers respiratory therapy treatments by performing bronchopulmonary drainage; assisting with breathing exercises; monitoring physiological responses to therapy, such as vital signs, arterial blood gases, and blood chemistry changes; directing treatments given by aides, technicians and assistants.
- Completes discharge planning by consulting with physicians, nurses, social workers, and other health care workers; contributing to patient care conferences.
- Assures continuation of therapeutic plan following discharge by designing home exercise programs; instructing patients, families, and caregivers in home exercise programs; recommending and/or providing assistive equipment; recommending outpatient or home health follow-up programs.
- Documents patient care services by charting in patient and department records.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols.
- Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs.
- At least one year of recent experience in the Peds - Neonate Field
- Valid IN RRT license
- position requires BLS, ACLS, PALS, NRP.
- Graduated from an accredited Respiratory Therapy program